Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sound Cloud Rocks!

I used Sound Cloud to record my students in group discussions. It was amazing! I gave them a handout to support them with what they needed to discuss about the poem, then put them into groups. Each group used one iPad to record their discussion of the poem using Sound Cloud. Once they began, it was almost creepy to see them all so on task. Since they knew I would be listening, they stayed on topic in their discussion. When they finished the discussions, they copied a link to the sound file and pasted it onto the class wiki page. For the most part, I could hear the discussions very well. There were very few students who sat too far away from the microphone. It was so wonderful to hear some great ideas from students who typically sit silently in class discussions. I hope to use this more and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment