Friday, March 2, 2012

Audio Files

I am finally playing with audio files! I decided to use Sound Cloud for this. This iPad app will allow the students to navigate away from the app but continue to record. Not all recording apps would do this. The other piece that I like is that they can get a link for the audio file and add it to their assignment that they are turning in on wiki spaces. I am a big fan of their work staying in one place as much as possible.

After demonstrating how to use the program, I sent them off to try recording. Complete silence. This is the class that is typically a challenge to keep quiet. When I finally asked them to talk, they hesitated. After a few minutes, they seemed to get over their public speaking fears and begin to play with the program. I am eager to hear what they produced!

No comments:

Post a Comment