Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Folders

I finally decided to start grouping my apps in folders. The 5-6 pages of apps was starting to be a problem. I can't believe how many free apps I have found! I was able to get them all on one page by creating the following folders: books, creativity, education, grammar, news, notes, other, videos, vocabulary, voice and sounds, and word games. The "other" folder is where I put all of the random apps that they don't need or shouldn't be using. Right now, the only apps that are not in a folder, but on the bottom of the iPad are Safari, Pages, Socrative, and a link to our class Wiki.

To get through the bulk of them, I asked a class to do some for me. I wrote a list of which apps go in which folder on the board to guide them. Most of the kids did a pretty good job on their own. When I needed to finish up what the class didn't get done, I found that it goes fastest to put them in folders while they are synched with my Macbook.

Next school year, I will probably keep the number of apps to a minimum so that I don't need the folders. For now, I like to have a bunch to play with until I decide what I want to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment