Thursday, April 5, 2012

Clear up confusion

My poor students have had to endure a bit of confusion this year. I began the year with a Promethean Board and clickers. We would often use the clickers for assignments or submit major essays to turnitin.com, but most of their work was written on paper then turned in to a basket: pretty simple. When I learned that I got the grant, I set up the class on Wikispaces and had the kids try out discussion posting. Once the iPads came, I had so many things that I wanted to try. We continued to use wikispaces, but I also played with clicker apps, notes apps, and e-mail. They seemed to have a different app for each assignment. I was searching for a great plan, but I think I just confused them.

Next year, I will commit to 1 way to turn in work, with few exceptions. I am also keeping a running list of assignments and where they are turned in on the class wiki homepage. I am realizing that I have to be EXTREMELY clear about what they need to do and where they need to turn it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment